Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Dylan Turns 8.... Duck Dynasty Style


My son Dylan turned 8 this past Sunday. He chose to have a sleepover Saturday night with all his buddies. Our whole family is obsessed with Duck Dynasty, especially Dylan! So why not have the coolest Duck Dynasty Party ever?!

I LOVE to craft so I was excited there would be some crafting involved. I found some DD decorations but they weren't available for order til Sept 13th. So I got creative. I made a DD banner by cutting triangles with my Cricut. I printed pictures of all the guys and mod podged them to each triangle. I was happy with the way it turned out. I also cut out "beard shapes" and glued sticks to them  so the kids can have beards like Si, Willie, Phil, Jase, Jep, and Ivan's favorite.... Mountain Man. 







My cousin Tony used to be a huge duck hunter. I borrowed tons of stuff from him for the party. He had tons of Duck Decoys and silhouettes that stick in the ground. We placed them all over our backyard to make it more DD appropriate. 




We even had "sweet tea"(it was really apple juice). Dylan had a Si tea cup that he used during the party. Uncle Si is his Favorite! I loved seeing all the kids dressed in Camo and have their bandanas on. Dylan had so much fun. He said to me later that night that this was the best birthday ever! 





The party was a success... And that's a fact Jack!









3 comments:

  1. So cute!! The hubs and I loved all the pics you posted on ig. You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristen :) I can't wait to hear all about the theme you're doing for Ellie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Freaking Cute! I am so happy Tony was able to help! Such a good Idea cousin!

    ReplyDelete